Friday, September 25, 2015

Being a fansite?

I've always thought about it tbh... HAHAHAHA I've been interested in photography since early 2011, so it's been close to 5 years but only recently, I bought a DSLR. (It's about 2 months old :)) And it's not those really good ones because I bought it on impulse and *coughs* low budget *coughs* and considering my lack of skills, I didn't really want to push my luck. But overall, I'm quite satisfied with it. The first time I brought it out with my friends and took pictures of them, I was amazed at the quality. HD 的果然不一样! HAHAHAHAHAH

Anyway, it was really because of Bangtan that fuelled me to buy a DSLR because of my airport experience with them. (Again, I shall reiterate that I wasn't even that close to them, but seeing them in real life walking like /normal/ people and seeing the behind the scenes of how fansites work AND PRODUCING SUCH NICE PICTURES really just pushed me over that line and so I went to buy a DSLR ASAP). So that perhaps the next time Bangtan comes to SG, (be it in the airport or some event), I can have pictures of them that I can proudly say I personally took. (If it comes out really beautifully, I will be 100000% satisfied).

For these 2 months that I had my camera, I went out several times with my friends to take pictures but most of them are still pictures. So basically, they pose for me. But the thing about fansites is that, they are constantly walking to keep up with the idols and the idols themselves are also walking. So it's like a moving picture right. That's really hard to take. So my friend and I, we went to the airport on Wednesday to attempt to be like fansites and take pictures of idols walking and see how our pictures turn out. (Beast came to SG on Wednesday BTW)

So before they came, we were trying to set our settings correctly to get the ISO right and all, and we also tried to brisk walk so that we can see how we should go about it setting the right settings to be able to capture them without the photo turning out blur. But even at approximately 9pm, we still couldn't really get it right (Beast were supposed to come out of the normal exit at 930). So we asked this girl, who also had a DSLR with this massive lens (a telephoto lens I think) about how we should set the right settings. And after getting the settings somewhat "right",
my friend said,
"but the auto focus like cannot focus one leh."
and the girl replied,
"Auto focus is unreliable! Must use manual." 
AND RIGHT THERE AND THEN, I JUST GOT SO STUNNED AND FROZE FOR A BIT BECAUSE I'VE NEVER USED MANUAL FOCUS BEFORE IN THE 2 MONTHS THAT I HAD MY CAMERA AND AT THIS CRUCIAL MOMENT YOU'RE ASKING ME TO USE MANUAL FOCUS I don't even know how that shit works. OTL. And that girl was like explaining a lot of things and in the end, I just turned around and looked at my friend and said, "Being a fansite is harder than it looks." HAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S BLOODY HARD. IT'S SO COMPLICATED. TAKING PICTURES REQUIRES MORE SKILL THAN WHAT I INITIALLY THOUGHT. I just totally died internally.

But in the end, I guess I got some OK pictures of some of the beast members (quite miraculously imo. It's not there but at least they're not thaaaaaat blur hahahahahaha). I mean, I guess it was a good first attempt. And funny story actually, I think this group of 3 girls thought that my friend and I were fansites LMAO because of the way we dressed. Hmm.... that's nice. ^^
I do like beast though, please don't come bash me and say, "you don't even like beast why you go fetch them sia". Erm, I do like them, I do listen to their songs, but I don't..... l..o....v.e.. them??

But then maybe I shall just aim to be a professional photographer and be a part of an events company. At least then I get paid and can do what I love freely. Hehe :)

On the side note, every night, since Wednesday, I will just scrutinise the photos I took of them on my computer by zooming in and out and contemplate on whether JunHyung was actually looking into my camera LOL. Even my friend says that it seems like it!!! ASKJDAKJFHKAASF;GKDFB b YE

1 comment:

  1. Did you end up learning how to pick the right settings for airport pictures? :)

    ReplyDelete